Yay! I love to eat well! It makes me feel amazing. I know I’m fueling my whole self – body, mind & spirit – when I choose the good stuff.
- Body: All my systems are working in synch, and are fueled by my food choices. [Add some daily activity that also fuels the soul, and boom-shaka-laka!]
- Mind: The ol’ noggin is included in this. It’s not a separate functioning entity. Nope. It’s fed by the same nutrients that the rest of me takes in…. [Add in some meditation, and hot-damn!]
- Spirit: I’m free to be myself. Fully. And, I have peace-of-mind in knowing I’m doing what I can to help my inner-machine function to the max. [Add in some self-care doing something I enjoy, and KAPPOW!]
Hmmmm…. My friends wanna go out to eat. They don’t really care about what’s on the menu – as long as it fits their preferred taste, and their preferred spending allotments. <sigh>
Not everyone is so enthusiastic about keeping healthy…
It doesn’t have to be this way! Here are a few things you can try to change things up!
1) TREAT thyself… You do not have to follow even your own rules 100% of the time. All things in moderation, dear.
2) FORGIVE thyself. (‘Cause guess what – we’re all imperfect together! Oh – and our imperfections make us not only human, but also – unique.)
3) Be encouraging. Try suggesting a place where you know you can get that grass-fed beef or that organic salad! (Now you’re thunkin’, punkin’!)
4) I’ve said it before… and I’ll say it again. (Besides, it’s hella-fun!) If friends poke around at your choices…. Just SMILE… knowingly. It’ll drive ’em crazy with what you know – and what they may not. Have fun with it – and remind yourself that you’re doing this for you – and everyone around you – including these jokers. They just don’t realize how awesomely this has impacted your life quite yet. [Or there would be no fun-poking in the first place.]
5) Check online for healthful restaurant fare in your particular area!! Ooooh – internet. You are a WEALTH of steamy-hot information! Mwah, Mwah, Mwah! It’s not a big time-commitment if you specify your area, and use key terms, such as “organic”, “natural”, “local”, or rockin’! (Okay – that last one won’t work. But it’s my personal belief.)
6) Instigate positive change. Try contacting your fave local hot-spots to request organic or other healthy options! If they know there is a demand for it – they’ll at least consider it. What have you got to lose by trying? Nadda! Lots to gain though, if they oblige 🙂
Remember that you can opt for a lesser-evil and still have a darn good time! Besides, when you’re not over-indulging every day – you’re not sabotaging your ability to thrive. So – no pressure! Part of living a life of vitality – is, well…. LIVING! So – live it up, and do your best to make the most of it. Try to choose from among the better alternatives when you can.
PLEASE SHARE! Where do you like to go for healthy fare when eating out? Spread the love on our FaceBook Page!